The following are some of the potential benefits for choosing ready-to-eat foil pouch chicken over home canned chicken.
- Requires no cooking or primary packaging (canning)
- Saves time
- Less breakable (for bug out or during an earthquake, unlike glass jars)
- Potentially safer
- Ready to eat from container with no draining
- Protected from light exposure
- Lighter weight
- Stores in less (more compact) space
Foil packaged chicken is usually found in the canned meat (tuna) isle of major chain grocery stores.