The following are some of the potential benefits for choosing ready-to-eat foil pouch chicken over home canned chicken.
- Requires no cooking or primary packaging (canning)
- Saves time
- Less breakable (for bug out or during an earthquake, unlike glass jars)
- Potentially safer
- Ready to eat from container with no draining
- Protected from light exposure
- Lighter weight
- Stores in less (more compact) space
Foil packaged chicken is usually found in the canned meat (tuna) isle of major chain grocery stores.
IdeaConsider secondary (additional) packaging to enhance the shelf life.